The Family Resource Network is aware of the current weather forecast (see below). We are not presently canceling Teen Scene for tomorrow night, February 11th. We encourage all those that wish to attend to exercise their own judgement with traveling to the event if you choose to come. The safety of our families is important to us. If you choose not to come, we look forward to seeing you next month.
Issued by The National Weather Service
3:38am EST, Wed Feb 10
... LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 7 PM EST THURSDAY...
* LOCATIONS... PORTIONS OF CENTRAL NEW YORK INCLUDING SENECA, SOUTHERN CAYUGA, CORTLAND, CHENANGO AND OTSEGO COUNTIES.
* HAZARD TYPES... LAKE EFFECT SNOW.
* ACCUMULATIONS... SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 6 INCHES WITH UP TO 8 INCHES IN THE MORE PERSISTENT LAKE SNOWS.
* TIMING... SNOW SHOWERS AND SQUALLS DEVELOPING BY THIS AFTERNOON, THEN BANDS OF LAKE EFFECT SNOW THIS EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY.
* IMPACTS... HAZARDOUS TRAVEL DUE TO SNOW COVERED ROADS AND BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.
* WINDS... WEST 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH.
* TEMPERATURES... FALLING INTO THE TEENS TONIGHT AND REMAINING THERE THROUGH THURSDAY.
A LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY MEANS LAKE EFFECT SNOW IS FORECAST THAT WILL MAKE TRAVEL DIFFICULT IN SOME AREAS. LAKE EFFECT SNOW SHOWERS TYPICALLY ALIGN THEMSELVES IN BANDS AND WILL LIKELY BE INTENSE ENOUGH TO DROP SEVERAL INCHES IN LOCALIZED AREAS.
PLEASE REPORT SNOWFALL AMOUNTS TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY CALLING TOLL FREE AT 1-877-633-6772... OR BY EMAIL AT BGM.