Located at Grace Lutheran Church, 709 Main St, Vestal, NY 13850
How would your child like to learn a few karate moves? Roll out a personal pan pizza? Discover the habitats of snakes and skunks? See a magician make objects disappear right before his eyes? These are just a few of the exciting activities that we plan for summer camp!
The G&E Therapies Recreational Summer Camp for Children with Autism or PDD accepts applications for children diagnosed with Autism or Pervasive Developmental Disorder. Our goal is to create an environment that fosters social, emotional, motor, cognitive and communication development for each child in a relaxed camp atmosphere.
There is no charge for children eligible for services through OPWDD and who meet the criteria below.
Campers must be:
• 6-12 years of age
• Residents of Broome, Tioga, Delaware, Chenango, Otsego, or Tompkins counties
• Enrolled in a regular education program during the school year
• Independent in toileting and hygiene skills
• Without history or risk of flight
• Without aggression or violent behaviors
This six week summer program offers children opportunities to:
• Socialize and communicate with peers
• Participate in hands on science experiments
• Create awesome art projects
• Learn music from around the world
• Join teams for fun, recreational games
• Play outdoors in a safe, fenced in playground area with a basketball court
• Invite a sibling/friend on Fridays to participate in the morning activities
Camp runs for 6 weeks through July and August, from 8:30-11:30 am, Mondays-Fridays.
Visit our website at www.gandetherapies.com to download an Application. Participants who qualify are enrolled on a first come first served basis.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call 1-877-GandE07(426-3307) ext 0.
We are always looking for community volunteers to share their special talent, hobby or interest with our campers! If you or someone you know may be interested in this opportunity, please give us a call!